VRT Transit Connections
Through an exciting new partnership that begins Monday, January 28, 2019, you can now get a $2 ride using Lyft ride-sharing services to many ValleyRide bus stops.
This service is available from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
How it works
» Download the Lyft app and set up an account if you don't have one already.
» Go to "Promos" in the main menu and enter promo code VRT19 before your first trip.
» Once the promo code is entered, the discount will automatically be applied to qualified rides.
» You will be able to drag and drop a pin to one of the qualified stops listed below, or search for one of the following stops:
9 State Street route
- Gary and Saxton
- State Street and Glenwood
- State and Pierce Park
- State and Mercer
- State and Marketplace
- State and 35th
7A/7B Fairview routes
- Milwaukee and Ustick
- Milwaukee and Fairview
- Towne Square Mall
- Fairview and Cole
- Fairview and Curtis
8/8X Five Mile, Five Mile/Chinden routes
- Chinden at Hewlett Packard
- Five Mile and Country Squire
12 Towne Square Mall to Maple Grove route
- Maple Grove and Ustick
» If you're going from a bus stop to home, enter your home address
» If you are in the designated service area, your Lyft fare will be $2. Valley Regional Transit will pick up the rest of the tab up to $6.
VRT Transit Connections is a transportation partnership between Valley Regional Transit and Lyft:
Access a larger version of the Service Area Map __________________________________
The VRT Transit Connections bus stops include a Lyft ride sign.
» This service is available from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
» You must be in the designated Lyft service area to use this.
» Your stop cannot be more than two miles from your pick up location.
» You must be traveling to or from a qualifying bus stop.
» If you are in need of an ADA-compliant ride to your stop, we have you covered:
» Call RideLine at 208-345-7433 to book your transit connection
Purchasing a monthly premium pass
Need Lyft Connections for your daily commute? No Problem! Get a monthly premium pass that includes both a 31-day local ValleyRide bus pass and 31 days of connecting service from Lyft. The cost is $90.
To get the premium pass:
- Download the Lyft app and set up an account if you do not have one.
- Go to the customer service office at Main Street Station (777 W. Main Street in downtown Boise) or the VRT administrative offices (700 NE 2nd St. in Meridian) to buy the premium pass.
- You will need to give customer service the telephone number associated with you Lyft account.
- Once you receive your pass, a Lyft promo code will be activated on your phone.
- If in the designated service area, your Lyft fare will be covered by the pass.*
*If your ride exceeds $8, you will be responsible for the remaining cost.