The goal of Stuff the Bus is to fill ValleyRide buses with new, unwrapped toys (or gift cards) for children of all ages. The Salvation Army will distribute the items to families in need throughout the community in time for Christmas.
Valley Regional Transit will provide the buses and drivers, and VRT staff will assist dozens of volunteers from the Salvation Army at the collection sites. At the end of the event, the toys will be bagged up and transported to Salvation Army distribution centers in Boise, Nampa and Caldwell.
The ValleyRide buses will be parked near the main entrances of the seven Fred Meyer stores in the Treasure Valley:
- 5230 Franklin Road on the Boise Bench
- 3527 S. Federal Way in southeast Boise
- 10751 W. Overland Road in southwest Boise
- 5425 W. Chinden Blvd. in Garden City
- 1850 E. Fairview Ave. in Meridian
- 1400 W. Chinden Blvd. in Eagle
- 50 2nd Street South in Nampa
In the 20 years Valley Regional Transit has participated in Stuff the Bus, more than 130,000 toys have been donated.